Nashville Door has been closely monitoring the Covid19 global pandemic and following the recommendations of the CDC and WHO. The health and safety of our customers, employees, and fellow Tennesseans is our highest priority. We have already instituted stricter cleaning and distancing guidelines for our company. As of March 23,2020, the city of Nashville has instituted a Safer at Home order for the next 2 weeks. See the order at this link https://www.asafenashville.org/safer-at-home-order/. While Nashville Door IS considered an “essential” business we will continue to do our part to “flatten the curve”.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures to minimize health risks to our NDC family.
- All office employees, estimators and technicians have been instructed to implement best practices as recommended by the CDC.
- All technicians have been instructed to practice social distancing to protect others and combat the spread of this virus.
- All Technicians will clean their work area prior to commencing repairs by wiping down the door, door handles, and hardware.
- All Technicians are equipped with proper personal protective equipment.
- All work trucks are sanitized each day by wiping down the steering wheel, gear shifter, door handles, tools, and other areas that are most commonly used.
- All Employees have been advised to stay home if they have symptoms of illness.
For March 23-April 6 Safer At Home Order
- We will be closed to all outside personal visitors and non-essential business visits from vendors, customers, and suppliers.
- Walk in sales will be handled without direct contact. Please call us at 615-297-3749 to let us know what parts you need – we will handle payment over the phone and place your products on our dock for pick up.
- We are STILL open for service work! We will prioritize essential businesses such as healthcare facilities, automotive facilities, grocery stores, and those with immediate security needs.
- We are moving to flexible work arrangements to some degree. Employees may be working remotely if their job allows. For those whose job requires them to be onsite we are taking added steps including staggered work schedules, social distancing and additional safety and cleaning procedures to help protect and support our employees.
Additionally, we need to stay true to our corporate values which include employee welfare and community responsibility. We are all in this together and we are dedicated to doing our part in helping everyone stay safe.